Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 10 August 2020.
What’s New in Release 87:
- We renamed all instances of the term “Asset” to “Title” on the frontend of Connect to align with industry-standard nomenclature. We kept backwards compatibility in the API to ensure that clients currently integrating with it are not disrupted.
- We completed integration with Okta SSO for multi-factor authentication.
- We have made several improvements to support the conversion of Dolby Atmos to Immersive Audio Bitsream (IAB) so that IAB files can be added to CPLs. Users now have the ability to build HDR IMFs with IAB. We are also in the process of becoming Dolby Atmos certified.
- We made improvements to the Search Service that allow users to search for virtual folders by the folder name.
- We have added the ability to add audio track designations from a CSV Import, so now users can assign designations to multiple video files’ audio tracks simultaneously.
- When users import IMF packages from external systems, now Connect will read the packing list/asset map and make the appropriate IMP as a base or supplemental in the packages tab.
- We added a Create IMF Package button to the CPL editor so that users don’t have to navigate back to a Title to simply create a package.
- We made several improvements to Refactor the MediaView cache.
- We added the option to turn on the “Normalize” step on the Audio Filter section of the Hybrik Transcoder Profile. Users can now normalize audio when running a transcode with Hybrik in Connect.
- We set parameters so that Delivery Dates for Jobs and Batches can no longer be set as a past date, only present or future dates.
- UX/UI Improvements
- Fixed an error on MXF files that said “Unsupported File Type” for metadata and IMF default package files.
- Fixed bugs that came up while refactoring the MediaView cache.
- Fixed some backend issues that resulted from migrating to a static web deployment.
- Fixed a backend issue with delivering a media item to an S3 platform bucket.
- Fixed an issue where updating an asset with another entity type and another metadata attribute value was not removing the previous attribute values from the database.
- Fixed an issue where the CPL from demux was failing at the Build Composition Playlist task when demuxing with an input clipping.
- Fixed an issue where the Media Item details page was not updating the Media Probe tab after re-inspecting the file.
- Fixed an issue where MediaWarp was failing as Connect was not properly reading the color properties of the source file. Now, even when importing through CSV, MediaWarp is successful for a media item. Even if it has no color properties, a default will be set.
- Fixed a “Could not Fetch” error that was being displayed on the Tasks page and on the Workflows Menu page.
- Fixed an issue where the Task dashboard counter was not immediately updating when a new task was created or when a Task Status changed.
- Fixed an issue where the Metadata Sets counters were not updating when the Title’s Entity Type was changed.
- Fixed an error on the Dashboard Pages for Okta users so that the “Set Default” button is no longer displayed for Okta users that cannot be edited.
- Fixed a bug causing platform values to be ignored when corresponding annotations were used in name formats.
- Fixed issues with and made optimizations to the Feed Metadata Workflow configurations.
- Fixed an issue where the Title Hierarchy was still visible in the Title Navigator even when the Parent was deleted.
- Fixed an issue where Job Status was not updating start/delivery status from within a batch.
- Fixed an issue where package templates attached to a platform were not visible when adding them from a batch.
What’s New in Release 87:
- We made some backend improvements to the App Analytics.
- We added support for virtual folders in the Search Service in Discover.
- UX/UI Improvements
- Fixed an issue where exporting users from a user pool would export all users from all user pools.
- Fixed an issue where Start/End Live Dates and Geo-Blocking features were disrupting the Published Status of the Title on the consumer end.
- Fixed an error that would occur when trying to set a layout to a newly created movie collection within a channel, regardless of the movie included.
- Fixed an issue where searching for any title by its creation date caused the page to crash with an unexpected error.
- Fixed a backend issue with Apple SSO so that a specific error code is returned if it’s missing the first and last name of the user.
- Fixed an issue with the timestamp of Start/End Date nodes so that they correspond with the chosen timezone and are in order of Start Date before End Date.
- Fixed bugs having to do with the Filters on the Analytics Page.
- Fixed a backend issue with the App Themes that was allowing users to delete a theme that has nodes assigned to it.
- Fixed an issue with the user Billing History that was preventing users from filtering by date.