Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 13 July 2020.
What’s New in Release 86:
- We have added the ability for users to use a CSV Import for the Creation of Batches. If users have a large number of batches to process, they now have the ability to download a CSV from the Batches page, populate the required fields with the relevant data, and upload it to Connect to automatically add lists of jobs to a batch/platform for delivery.
- We have added several improvements to the Adobe Premiere Panel, including the ability for the frontend of the panel UI to know the download progress on the files it requests from the Node backend, the ability to cancel/stop downloads from continuing, and other backend improvements.
- We have added additional columns and filter capabilities to the Dashboards.
- We have added the ability for users to archive media items and still be able to edit the metadata or view the archived media item without having to de-archive it each time. In addition, for media items that are ingested with ingest cache turned on when archived, the media item can still be previewed.
- For the Task Management Service, email notifications will now be sent to specified users each time a task is created, updated, and deleted.
- All front-end instances of the term “Designations” have been changed to now say “Tags.”
- Organization Admins can now configure Custom Marker Profiles that limit the number of Markers their operators see for adding markers on the CPL or the Preview Player. We have also updated the IMF markers with their full name/descriptions and tooltips for each marker type.
- UX/UI Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the Metadata Generate Entity Context query was experiencing a timeout error.
- Fixed an issue where the Asset Metadata set was not loading properly.
- Fixed an issue where IMF to Flat transcode jobs were failing due to incorrect 5.1 and stereo audio track/channel configurations being submitted to Hybrik.
- Fixed an issue where the QC workbench would crash if the deliverable was missing a file or if it was not a video. Now it will show an error if there is a missing deliverable.
- Fixed a bug that was throwing an error when a user would change a Task’s Status in the Task Management Service.
- Fixed a bug that was throwing an error when a user would detach media items from an asset that contained at least 16 items.
- Fixed an issue where errors that should be triggered were not being displayed on the frontend.
- Fixed an issue where the Composition Templates were listing the same tags multiple times in the video track, audio track, bug, and timed text menus.
- Fixed an issue where the Workflows Menu Date filter was generating incorrect results or an error message was thrown when returning to the filtered list.
- Fixed an issue where sending a Media Item to Trash from the Actions menu was Permanently Deleting it as opposed to giving the user an option to Restore it.
- Fixed an issue where the Asset Tag filter would disappear from the filter but still apply to the filtered results.
- Fixed an issue where only one Collection tag was displayed in the Collections column on the Assets list even when an Asset had multiple collection tags. Now a pop-up appears with the names of the Collections when hovering the cursor over the Collections column.
- Fixed an issue where newly created Transcode Profiles weren’t visible without refreshing.
- Fixed an issue where a user was allowed to set negative values for a Batch Priority Level field, even though that didn’t have any effect on the Batch transcode/delivery.
- Fixed an issue in the Metadata Service that wasn’t respecting a comma as a character.
- Fixed an issue where the In and Out points of a Deep Analysis marker were not editable.
- Fixed an issue where MediaView was not working for mpeg2 video files.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing multiple ingest workflows from being created for operations such as converting timed text.
- Fixed an issue with running multiple ingest workflows so that now only one of them succeeds and the others should fail.
What’s New in Release 86:
- We made improvements and optimizations to the backend functionality of the Search Service.
- We added new “Update Existing Password” visibility to the Availability section of the Screening Room so that it shows on the edit page if the Screening Room has a password already set, or it is hidden on the edit page if the “Password protect link” box is unchecked.
- We revamped the Node page in Discover to be aligned with the UX/UI experience of the newly redesigned Connect Asset page.
- We made updates to Error Messages that were thrown when publishing a node with video assets so that they are more specific and no longer interfere with video that’s currently processing.
- We refactored the backend of the User Groups, and made backend improvements to the Metadata Service for Discover.
- UX/UI Improvements
- Fixed a bug preventing Assets from publishing even though on the backend they appeared as published.
- Fixed a bug that was throwing an error when a user was trying to create a new user.
- Fixed a bug in the App Analytics that caused the average for Session Time and Hours Watched per User to always be displayed as 0 even though the graph contained data.
- Fixed an issue where content was not being marked as purchased even after a customer would subscribe.
- Fixed an issue where the “Publish” button needed to be clicked multiple times in order to actually publish an Asset.
- Fixed an issue that was requiring a password to play an asset in a Screening Room even when no password was added by the creator.
- Fixed a bug that was causing changes to Application Settings and Instance Settings to not be displayed unless the pages were reloaded.
- Fixed an issue where the Screening Room needed the correct node-type setup.
- Fixed an error that occurred when creating a new instance and editing the “Localizable” metadata field.
- Fixed some UX/UI bugs on the App Analytics tabs.
- Fixed an issue with creating a new Application Instance so that it is now displayed as “Draft” upon creation.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the “Delete” button in user pools to be grayed out.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Email Invoice function to not actually trigger an email to the subscriber under certain conditions.