Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 27 April 2020.
- General Improvements
- Connect Improvements
- Package Type Naming Convention
- Organization Settings UX/UI ReDesign
- Org Admin User Settings
- Search Service Improvements
- Asset Collections
- Metadata Attribute Groups
- Package Templates Listings
- Plugin Support
- Tag on CPL Tracks
- Workflow Task Details Parser
- Dolby Atmos Support
- Media Convert Transcode Profiles (Audio and Video)
- Reuse Hashes for Previously Ingested Files
- Import/Export for Transcoder Profiles
- SCC Timecode Overlap
- CPL Virtual Track Labels
- Usability Improvements
- Connect Defects Fixed
- String Attributes
- Search Functionality on Assets Page
- XDcam File Ingest
- MediaView Audio Mapping
- Deep Analysis Delete/Extract Buttons
- Editing CPL Duration
- MediaView Cache Value
- CSV Import for Metadata to Older Assets
- Entity Type Import with No Group Name
- Run Baton Job Info Section
- Set System Admin Button
- Package Template Deliverables Section
- Quick/IMF to Flat (MediaConvert) Transcodes
- TT Conversion Page
- Language from Audio Track after Ingest
- Image Track on CPL after Removal of Last Segment
- Deep Analysis Markers
- Usability Fixes
- Discover Improvements
- Time Interval for Reports Values
- Publish Button
- Descriptive Details for Organization Settings
- Discover Setup Wizard
- Layout Options for Channels/Non-Channels
- Tag Lists for String Array Fields
- Max Width for Columns in Lists
- Add Channel to a Collection
- Replaced SQS with EventBus
- Code Improvements
- UX Improvements
- Discover Defects Fixed
Sunsetting of Amazon Elemental
AWS is shutting down their Elemental servers, so as a result, we’ve transitioned all of our managed services transcoding work to MediaConvert and Hybrik. The following improvements were made as a result of sunsetting Elemental:
- Added the ability to locally download (export) the transcoding profiles and import them into a new organization in Connect.
- Added ability to set timecode start time on Transcoder Profile in both MediaConvert and Hybrik
Package Type Naming Convention
Users can now use their metadata to populate the naming convention of a package.
Organization Settings UX/UI ReDesign
The layout of the Organization Settings page has been redesigned to be a tab view with 6 tabs.
Org Admin User Settings
An organization admin can now update all organization (and children organizations’) settings, including Storage, Permissions, and Presets. They cannot create/delete organizations--only Sysadmins can create organizations and child organizations.
Search Service Improvements
Added a “search-service” feature flag on the Organization Settings page.
Users can now group content with tags outside of the metadata hierarchy. They can now add multiple tags to an asset to be able to create collections, and they can sort the asset page by the collection tags.
Metadata Attribute Groups
A new tab called “Groups” has been added to the Metadata Settings page that allows users to group and filter fields.
Package Templates Listings
The following columns have been added to the Package Templates page:
- Deliverables Count
The following improvements have been made to the Plugin Support:
- A user can now register a plugin button in the global appMenu, so that when the button is pressed, it opens the corresponding plugin side panel with the iframe pointing at the URL defined in the manifest.
- A user can now register a plugin button in the left menu, so that when the button is pressed, it will load an iframe pointing to the url defined in the plugin.
- A user can cancel editing the settings and return to the previous screen/view.
- A user can save their settings, which the plugin will store for each organization they’re installed on so they can be used independently in different orgs.
- A user can choose the transcoder profiles used to produce the components for video, audio 2.0, and audio 5.1.
- A user can open the Settings View by pressing the top right Settings button.
- A user can log out of their customer account by pressing the top right Log Out button.
- A user can close their plugin panel and unload the plugin by clicking the top right Close button. The credentials persist so when they open the panel again, they are still authenticated.
- “org_id" has been added to the plugin system context.
- A user can log in to their plugin using their domain username and password by clicking the plugin button on the CPL screen action bar. If authentication is successful, the user is taken to the Delivery view. If it fails, the error message from the client API is displayed above the form.
Tag on CPL Tracks
The tag is now exposed on the Track Type.
Workflow Task Details Parser
The loading and parsing of workflow task details have been separated into their own modules as opposed to one bulk module.
Dolby Atmos Support
The following improvements have been made for Dolby Atmos support:
- Added support for .atmos files in the ingest process.
- Upgraded Photon Library to support IAB.
- Created immersive audio track type model
- Implemented the C binary that will probe immersive audio
- Modified the probe activity to use the updated node-imf library's method
Media Convert Transcode Profiles (Audio and Video)
The following properties were added to the transcoder profile with MediaConvert:
- Container type RAW (or M2V)
- Params, TimecodeInsertion, MinIInterval, DynamicSubGop
- Audio and Video params were made optional
Reuse Hashes for Previously Ingested Files
File hashes from source files will now be reused when ingesting a copy of a file that was previously ingested.
Import/Export for Transcoder Profiles
Sysadmins are now able to export and import a transcoder profile between different orgs.
SCC Timecode Overlap
A new tool has been added to automatically fix SCC Timecode Overlap in CC subtitles.
CPL Virtual Track Labels
Added additional details to the CPL virtual track labels:
- Video track resolution: SD, HD, UHD, etc.
- Audio tracks channel layout: (mono, 2.0, 5.1, etc) and language
- Subtitle tracks: language
Audio and Timed Text labels are now used in the player controls as well.
The following improvements have been made to the Usability of Connect:
- The Assets page has been updated with usability improvements to the list, card, and tree views.
- The Media listings page has been updated with usability improvements to the columns buttons as well as the filter and sort functionalities.
- Added a "Create new" master dropdown menu
Connect Defects Fixed
Fixed an issue where invalid entries were being created in the database for String attributes.
Search Functionality on Assets Page
Fixed an issue where the search functionality wasn’t working properly on the new Assets page
XDcam File Ingest
Fixed an issue where XDcam file ingests were failing at the probing media task
MediaView Audio Mapping
Fixed an issue where the audio mapping option on MediaView remained inactive when it should have been activated.
Deep Analysis Delete/Extract Buttons
Fixed an issue where the Deep Analysis Delete/Extract buttons remained active after the marker was deleted.
Editing CPL Duration
Fixed an issue that caused the application to crash while attempting to edit the duration fields on a CPL.
MediaView Cache Value
Fixed an issue where the MediaView cache value from the Organization Settings was not returning correct values after cache was deleted.
CSV Import for Metadata to Older Assets
Fixed an issue where the CSV import for adding/updating metadata to older assets was failing.
Entity Type Import with No Group Name
Fixed an issue where an entity type import was failing if there was no group name
Run Baton Job Info Section
Fixed an issue where extra characters, '$' and ')', were being added to the Baton ID Job and Download Baton Report.
Set System Admin Button
Fixed an issue where the "Set System Admin" button in the Organization Settings had no functionality
Package Template Deliverables Section
Fixed an issue where multiple files with the same name format prevented the user from selecting them individually in the Package Template Deliverables section. An error message now appears if there are more deliverables with the same naming format.
Quick/IMF to Flat (MediaConvert) Transcodes
Fixed an issue where Quick Transcodes and IMF to Flat with MediaConvert transcodes were creating media files without any audio tracks.
TT Conversion Page
Fixed an issue where the TT Conversion page crashed because of preview in MediaView.
Language from Audio Track after Ingest
Fixed an issue where the language from the audio track was not visible at the virtual track level after the MediaWarp ingest.
Image Track on CPL after Removal of Last Segment
Fixed an issue where the user couldn’t add an Image track to a CPL after removing the last Segment.
Deep Analysis Markers
The following issues with Deep Analysis Markers were fixed:
- Added the option to add markers in review screen.
- Fixed an issue where a marker created on a Deep Analysis scan would not immediately update with the new type of marker created and its duration.
- Fixed an issue where deleted markers from a Deep Analysis scan would reappear in a TT Compare run against it.
The following Usability Fixes have been made:
- Fixed a floating alert and a grammatical error on the Backlot Delivery Screen.
- Fixed a misplaced tooltip associated with the Comments button in the assets page.
- Fixed a 404 error the user received when opening a package in an organization and then changing to another organisation, trying to access a /packages/ page.
- Fixed an issue where the Status and Size filters on the Storage Explorer tab (i.e., Media Item page > Add Items button > Storage Explorer tab) had no functionality. The option to filter the items with the Status or Size filters has been removed.
- Fixed an issue where the greyed out Abstract button still had functionality while a user was modifying/creating a new Entity Type and setting the Parent Type. Now when the Abstract button is greyed out, it does not have any functionality, and when the user is not allowed to save the current settings, the Save and Save & Return buttons are not available.
- Fixed an issue where the "created by" and updated by" details were shown incorrectly for assets as “System” when it was actually different users.
Time Interval for Reports Values
There is now a bigger time interval in the past for which to bring reports values
If processing fails after an asset is published, the Publish button will now remain active/clickable and not transform to the Unpublish button.
Descriptive Details for Organization Settings
Descriptive Details for Organization Settings are now available in the Edit Settings pages.
Discover Setup Wizard
The following improvements have been made to the Discover Setup Wizard:
- Added a label tooltip option for fields.
- Implemented steps for support email, user profiles and approvals, VOD locator, transcoder providers & profiles, advanced profiles setup, and content protection.
Layout Options for Channels/Non-Channels
Unfiltered layout options for Channels and Non-Channels so that they all display the same layout options.
Tag Lists for String Array Fields
Added tag lists for string array metadata fields
Max Width for Columns in Lists
Added max width for all columns in lists, including Assets, Groups, Channels pages, as well as Sub-Groups and Assets tab on the Node-page.
Add Channel to a Collection
Admin users are now able to add a Channel to a Collection.
Replaced SQS with EventBus
EventBus has now officially replaced Simple Queue Service (SQS).
The following code improvements have been made:
- Refactored the code to replace the NodeTypes component with the useNodeTypes hook and use it from zypline-apollo package.
- Removed NodeTypeCheck usage
The following improvements have been made to the Discover User Experience:
- Re-ordered modal columns on the Themes Tab > Assign Theme Modal so that the Actions button is easier to access.
- Switched “Add Selected” and “Cancel” buttons on Sub-groups and Assets > Add Item Modal.
- When adding Nodes in another Node, if a user clicks on the Asset name, it will not redirect to another Node page. The entire row is also now clickable.
- The details column 1 on the User page is now 480 px wide.
Discover Defects Fixed
Private Key Org Settings
Fixed an issue with newline in the private key org settings.
Mobile Reports Integration
Fixed an issue where the mobile reports integration didn’t reload org settings when they were changed.
Cron Jobs at Wrong Interval
Fixed an issue where the cron jobs for Recurly sync coupons and mobile reports integration were running at the wrong interval (in milliseconds as opposed to seconds).
Reindex for Creating a New Episode
Fixed an issue where the reindex was not working properly when creating a new episode and adding it into the workflow due to invalid metadata.
Subscription to Product Plan Incomplete
Fixed an issue where, after a successful subscription flow, the user was still not subscribed.