Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 19 February 2019.
- General Improvements
- Connect Improvements
- Connect Defects Fixed
- Discover Improvements
- Discover Defects Fixed
Un-Initialized Discover Menu Links
When Discover is not enabled on your environment, the links to access various menus inside Discover are now hidden and, instead, the Initialize Discover button will be displayed, taking you to the Initialize Discover page.
It is now possible to whitelist an array of IPs and IP ranges, allowing users download and player access to the platform originating only from items in the whitelist.
Connect and Discover Connection for Node Edits
Editing and saving an asset in Connect will now be reflected into the related node in Discover Admin (asset, group etc).
New Feature: Deep Analysis
You can now run Deep Analysis on media items to detect black scenes, texted scenes, color bars, scene changes, identify text, and more.
The Deep Analysis tab has been added to the Media Item Details page and contains the following sections:
- Queue – displays a list of initiated analyses and allows you to run a new deep analysis process for FrameDNA (Frame Signatures, Scene Changes, Elements Identification) or AWS Rekognition (to detect Texted Scenes);
- Analysis Results – for each analysis, displays a full list of detected markers, a way to view, delete, or edit the in and out points, as well as a video player to preview the potential clips; you may also extract clips from the detected markers, by choosing a MediaWarp Profile and Output Location;
- Extracted Clips – for each analysis, displays a full list of extracted clips, allows you to preview them and displays their context within the original analyzed file.
Active Display Area in Tracks
The Active Display Area tab has been added to the Media Item Details page > Tracks tab > Edit Track dialog, allowing you to set the Height, Width, X Offset, and Y Offset values, which will allow you to actively view a specific part of the video track, aiding you with various workflows.
You can also toggle to display or hide the Active Display Area from the Settings menu of the audio-video player.
MediaWarp Input Clipping
You can now perform input clipping before running MediaWarp. You may also set in and out points on Audio tabs.
Note that any input clipping set on the MediaWarp level will override pre-existing options from the media item level.
CSV Import Improvements
The following features have been added to the CSV import feature for assets and metadata:
- Input Language validation for IMF formats
- MediaWarp and File Frame Rate matching validation
- Archived file verification
- Markers from CSV rows that refer to audio tracks are ignored
- Audio mapping can be performed on all types of audio configurations and non-specified tracks are ignored
- CSV columns that do not contain annotations are ignored
- CSV information is saved on the files that have been imported.
Variables on Name Format Help Dialog
Context variable examples from the Package Template Details page > Name Format Help dialog have been updated to reflect the new metadata formats.
Job QC Review Status Changes
Creating a job and then starting the QC Review process will now automatically refresh the page when the status of the job changes.
Assets Menu View Mode
The default view type (Card, List, Tree) for the Assets menu is now the Tree view. Changing the view type will be remembered when you return to the Assets menu after navigating away.
Additionally, assets in all views are automatically sorted items based on their names.
Connect Defects Fixed
Running MediaWarp on Two Files with Input Clipping
Fixed an issue where you would not be able to run MediaWarp from two files with identical input clipping durations and mapped as FL for the first file, complementary with the other 5.1 channels for the second file.
Importing RtxxLtCLxRLfeLsRs Audio Configurations
Fixed an issue where importing an asset with a track that has the RtxxLtCLxRLfeLsRs audio configuration would fail and display the Invalid audio config, it should contain both L and R channels error.
Create CPLs on Sub-Organizatons
Fixed an issue where attempting to build a CPL for a media item on a suborganization would fail.
Import CSV without Entity Type
Fixed an issue where it was incorrectly possible to perform Asset and Metadata Import with a CSV that contained no entity type information.
Import CSV on Re-Upload
Fixed an issue where uploading a CSV file to import, deleting it, then re-importing another file would cause the Import button to incorrectly remain disabled.
The metadata service has been fully integrated into Discover.
You may now configure metadata sets in Connect and then use the nodes in Discover, inheriting the metadata.
New Feature: User Dynamic Collections
You can now create user-tailored Dynamic Collections, allowing you to better target content based on your user’s watch history.
To create a User Dynamic Collection, use the newly added Continue Watching and Recently Watched rules from the Dynamic Collection Details page > Rules tab.
New Feature: User Lists
Application users can now create lists of content, which they can also share in the current form with other application users or invite non-users to use the application and view the list.
Lists are displayed in the User Pool Details page > User Details page > Statistics section > Lists tab.
Clicking the name of a list displays the List Edit page with the following fields:
- Name – editable list name;
- Created By – the name of the user that created the list;
- Type – whether the list is owned or shared by the user;
- Created Date – when the list was created;
- Last Update – when the list was last updated;
You may also add nodes (assets, groups, collections etc) to the list, or delete a list entirely.
New Organization Settings
Two new settings can now be configured from the Organization Details page > Settings section:
- nodesFreeByDefault – if set to true, when creating nodes, they will automatically be flagged as Free;
- showMediaOnlyWhenAuthed – if set to true, any served media content will only be accessible when authenticated into an app user account.
Node Content Distribution
The selection for geo-blocking in the Details page of a node > Content Distribution section was changed between radio buttons to two buttons with mutually exclusive toggle behavior.
The following parameter types have been added to the Settings section in Organization Details, Application Details, and User Pool Details pages:
- Enabled/Disabled – dropdown selection as Boolean values in the following parameters:
- Single selection – dropdown selection from multiple choices, used for the TranscoderProviderId setting parameter.
Discover Defects Fixed
Changing Node Details Tabs Containing Errors
Fixed an issue on node Details pages, where clicking the error icon of a tab that contains errors would incorrectly not change the tab.
Product Plan Fields Display Issue
Fixed an issue where the fields from the Plan Details page would be displayed in an incorrect layout.
App User Access Granted Free Subscription
Fixed an issue where exercising the option to grant free subscriptions would not be propagated into the application user’s account.
Saving Changes to Product and Plans
Fixed an issue where creating a product with a plan and clicking the Back button would incorrectly save the product and the plan.
Duplicate User Favorites
Fixed an issue where some favorited content would be duplicated in the User Details page > Statistics section > Favorites tab.