Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 4, 13, and 25 November 2019.
- Connect Improvements
- Organization and Platforms Revamp
- Read Only CPLs
- DolbyVision Metadata Tracks in MediaWarp
- SMPTE_TT Timed Text Conversion
- Staged IMF to Flat Packages from Template
- Asset Tag Field for New Metadata Service
- Focus on Added Track in MediaWarp
- Image Sequence Ingest Optimization
- Node.js Security Upgrade
- New Adobe Presets in FCPXML Conforming
- Image Sequence Preview
- Detect Texted Scenes
- Configurable Media Cache Limits
- Hulu Japan Required Fields
- Connect Defects Fixed
- Deleting Image Sequence from Storage
- Deleting Used Platforms
- Billing Duration for Baton QC Tasks
- Stage Packages Font Size
- Downloading Image Sequences
- Attaching Replacement Clips to Parent Assets
- Case Sensitive Image Sequence Extension
- Interlaced MXF MediaWarp with J2K
- Last Frame after MediaWarp with Input Clipping
- MediaWarp to 4444XQ
- XDCAM Media Items
- Discover Improvements
- Discover Defects Fixed
Organization and Platforms Revamp
We made changes to the Platforms feature in OWNZONES Connect™ to allow for more seamless workflows for the users:
- Transcoder Profiles have been detached from platforms and can be configured independently and used where needed, regardless of the delivery platform;
- Organization administrators can now manage the following for their own organizations:
- Transcoder Profiles;
- Transcoder Providers;
- QC Profiles;
- The Admin Platforms menu was removed, and managing platforms s now performed directly from the Platform Settings menu, which was renamed into Platforms;
- The QC Profiles menu can now be found under the Profiles drop-down menu.
Read Only CPLs
You can now create a CPL and prevent further edits to the CPL by enabling the Read Only toggle. You can only save changes on a read only CPL by changing the name, thus saving your changes into a separate file.
DolbyVision Metadata Tracks in MediaWarp
When running MediaWarp, you now have the following options with respect to dv_metadata tracks:
- Keep existing – if a dv_metadata track is included with the source file, it will be used when extracting essences;
- Do not add – do not use DolbyVision when extracting essences;
- Select new DV metadata file – choose a dv_metadata file to use when extracting essences.
SMPTE_TT Timed Text Conversion
You can now Convert timed text files into and from SMPTE_TT formats (ST_2052) from the Timed Text Convert page.
Staged IMF to Flat Packages from Template
Staged IMF to flat packages can now be created from Package Templates using the Hybrik transcoder provider.
Asset Tag Field for New Metadata Service
The Asset Tag field is now available regardless of whether the new Metadata Service is enabled for the current organization.
Focus on Added Track in MediaWarp
When adding a video, audio, or timed text track when running MediaWarp, the tab of the track is automatically focused.
Image Sequence Ingest Optimization
Image sequences are now ingested faster by processing the frames in parallel.
Node.js Security Upgrade
We upgraded Node.js (from version 8 to version 12) to keep up to date with the latest security updates and patches addressing known security vulnerabilities.
Furthermore, we updated all our 3rd party dependencies, to ensure we are on top of security fixes and we are also automating parts of our development workflow to upgrade dependencies as soon as security issues are patched.
New Adobe Presets in FCPXML Conforming
The following presets are now available for conforming media:
- Apple ProRes
- 422 Proxy
- DNxHD MXF OP1a
- 720p – 23.976, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94
- 1080i (DNxHR-HQ, DNxHR-HQX, DNxHR-SQ) – 50, 59.94
- 1080p (DNxHR-HQ, DNxHR-HQX, DNxHR-SQ) – 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60
- Match Source (rewrap DNxHQ, HQX, SQ)
- High Quality – 480p SD, 480p SD Wide, 720p HD, 1080p HD, 2160p 4K
- Match Source (rwerap)
- Adaptive – High, Medium, Low Bitrate
- High and Medium Bitrates
- HEVC H.265
- UHD 4K, UHD 8K
- HD 720p, HD 1080p
- SD 480p, SD 480p Wide
- Match Source (rewrap) – High Bitrate
- JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a
- RGB 444 12-bit
- RGB 4444 12-bit
- YUV 422 10-bit
- 720p – 23.976, 25, 29.97
- 1080i – 25, 29.97
- 1080p – 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97
- Match Source (rewrap) – High and Medium Bitrates
- MXF OP1a – Match Source (rewrap)
- XDCAM EX - HD 35 NTSC (24p, 30p, 60i), HD 35 PAL (25p, 50i)
- XDCAM HD – HD 50 NTSC (24p, 30p, 60i, 720p60), HD 50 PAL (25p, 50i, 720p50)
- QuickTime MOV – Match Source (rewrap)
Image Sequence Preview
You can now preview and play through image sequence frames after setting parameters in the Media Item Details page > Workbench tab > Edit Tools section > Props sub-section and clicking Save.
Detect Texted Scenes
You can now process media items and detect texted scenes from the video track, by running Media Item Details page > Workbench tab > Texted Scene Identification option and choosing a MediaWarp Profile and a CPL Output Location for the resulting file that will highlight the texted scenes.
Configurable Media Cache Limits
You can now set a limit to caching media items, allowing you to customize the space to speed ratio, depending on your needs, by configuring the Organization Settings page > Ingest Options section > MediaView Cache Capacity field.
Hulu Japan Required Fields
The required fields for Hulu Japan metadata sets are now the following:
- Title (English)
- Season Number
- Episode Number
- Episode Title
- Language Of Metadata
- Meta Type
- Program Type
- Episode Number Title
- Episode Description
- Episode Specific Keywords
Connect Defects Fixed
Deleting Image Sequence from Storage
Fixed in issue where deleting an ingested image sequence from storage would not trigger an update into the platform.
Deleting Used Platforms
Fixed an issue where you would incorrectly be able to delete a platform even if it was used or referenced in packages or jobs.
Billing Duration for Baton QC Tasks
Fixed an issue where the Duration field from the Billing menu for QC tasks (IMF package creation or media sent to Baton QC) would not reflect the actual processing time.
Stage Packages Font Size
Fixed an issue where the font size for the warning message for staged packages would incorrectly be larger than intended.
Downloading Image Sequences
Fixed an issue where you would incorrectly only be able to download the first frame of an image sequence.
Attaching Replacement Clips to Parent Assets
Fixed an issue where, on the CPL Details page > Clips section, uploading a new version of a clip and replacing it would not attach the media item to the parent asset of the CPL.
Case Sensitive Image Sequence Extension
Fixed an issue where the image sequence file extensions were incorrectly case sensitive.
Interlaced MXF MediaWarp with J2K
Fixed an issue for MXF interlaced files, where running MediaWarp with Profile Type set to JPEG2000BroadcastContributionSingleTile and Mainlevel set to Mainlevel 5 would result in incorrect output media.
Last Frame after MediaWarp with Input Clipping
Fixed an issue where running MediaWarp for a media item with values set in the Input Clipping section would result in an output file that had one less frame.
MediaWarp to 4444XQ
Fixed an issue where you would not be able to run MediaWarp for ProRes media items with YUV Pixel Format and 444 Chroma Subsampling by using a MediaWarp profile with a Profile Type set to 4444XQ.
XDCAM Media Items
Fixed the following issues for XDCAM media items:
- The Preview Caching ingest task is not displayed, even though the option is enabled in Organization Settings > Ingest Options;
- The Tracks tab stops responding when the file finishes ingesting;
- The media item could not be played.
You can now create e-mail templates to consistently communicate with your users throughout the sign-up/password reset/invoice processes, by specifying the following fields from the E-Mail Template tab of an application, instance, or user pool:
- Template Type – specify the type of email: signup, reset_password, invoice;
- Optional Language – specify the language of the e-mail template;
- From – specify the name of the sender;
- From Email Address – specify the e-mail address of the sender;
- Subject – specify the subject of the e-mail;
- Body – specify text for the e-mail body.
Note: The combination between template Type and Language should be unique across the organization.
We have added support for Amazon Fire Store, allowing you to cater your apps to another customer base.
Granting Free Subscriptions to Users
As an administrator, you can now grant free subscriptions to specific users from the User Pools menu > Users section > Edit User page, by clicking Grant Free Subscription and then choosing the Product and an expiration date (indefinite or set date).
Note: If the product does not contain a free plan, it will be automatically created.
Settings for Applications, Instances, and Organizations
The Settings tab was added to the Application Details, Instance Details, and Organization Details pages, allowing you to configure key-value pairs for various settings.
Focused Tab after Save & Return
Making changes to a page and then clicking Save & Return will take you back to the previous page, but now also take into account the tab that was previously active.
Notifications Call to Action Buttons
The Delete and Continue buttons from the Notification Details page have been moved to the header bar.
New Feature: Generate Analytics PDF
You can now generate a PDF file with the current view from the Analytics menu, which contains the following sections:
- Unique Users
- Active Sessions
- Session Time
- Hours Watched per User
- Countries - all entries included
- Groups & Assets - all entries included from the selected time period (week, month, 3 months, year, custom interval)
New Feature: User Pool
The App Users menu has been reworked and included in the new User Pool menu, which allows you to do the following:
- Define which Applications the user pool has access to;
- Define Email Templates to use when communicating with the user pool;
- See and access the list of users associated with the user pool.
Discover Defects Fixed
Incorrect Asset/Group Live Date
Fixed an issue where creating an asset would save incorrect dates for the Live Start Date and Live End Date fields.
Linked Items in Notifications
Fixed an issue where linking an asset or group when creating a notification would not forward the linked item when saving.
Redirect to Assets after Deleting Channels
Fixed an issue where after deleting a channel, you would be incorrectly redirected to the Assets menu.
Channels Type Filter
Fixed an issue where the Type filter from the Channels menu did not contain channels.
Filtering Groups by Dynamic Collection
Fixed an issue where setting the Type filter from the Groups menu to Dynamic Collection would not filter the list.
Total Number of Users
Fixed an issue where the total number of users would be incorrectly returned.
Ordering Items in Sub-Assets or Groups
Fixed an issue where on the Asset Details or Group Details pages, enabling the Order Items and searching for an item to order by would not display the selected item.
Theme Color Preview
Fixed an issue where the options from the Theme Details page > Colors tab were not correctly displayed in the Preview screen.