Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 1 and 22 August 2019.
- Connect Improvements
- Connect Defects Fixed
- Unique Path for Cloned CPLs
- Clips for FrameDNA Review with Multiple Essences
- Incorrect Clip Absolute Time
- Unique Names for Timed Text Profiles
- Extracting Channels when Ingesting Multiple Files
- Job Progress Update
- Download Reports for Cached Photon Events
- Billing for Baton Process Time
- FFMPEG Version in Hybrik Transcode
- Open CPL from the Media Items Menu
- UI Tooltip Fixes
- Adding Image Resources into CPLs
- Extracting Clips for Dolby Vision Media Items
- DV_Metadata Duration Display Format
- Incorrect Timecode after Timed Text Offset
- Inaccessible Media Last Frame
- Duplicate Workflows for Image Sequence Ingest
- Deliverable and Platform Name Separator
- Media Item Details Layout after Visiting Transcoder Profile Details
- Workflow Accessibility
- Package fields after Job Platform Change
- Attach to Asset with Child Files
- Dolby Vision Metadata Task Order
- Extract IMF Essence Audio Mapping while Loading
- CPL Fields Layout Display
- Dolby Vision Metadata Duration Format
- Extract IMF Essence Incorrect Audio Playback
- Truncated Frame Rate for Timed Text Tracks
- Incorrect Field Alignment for Demux Profile Tracks
- Discover Improvements
- Discover Defects Fixed
New Feature: TT Workbench Profiles
You can now define Timed Text Workbench Profiles from the Profiles menu > Workbench TT, allowing you to more quickly convert timed text media items.
Additionally, while on the Media Item Details page > Workbench tab > Timed Text Convert dialog, you have the option to save the current configuration as a Timed Text Profile.
Seamless Organization Switch
Switching to another organization no longer reloads the entire webpage.
Scrollable CPL Validation Errors
You can now scroll the Validation Error dialog from the CPL Details page.
Media Item Details Tracks Tab
The following improvements have been made for the Media Item Details page > Tracks tab:
- Video tracks are now displayed under the Video category;
- The order of the tracks is now the following: Video, Audio, Other;
- Tracks from the same category are sorted based on their IDs.
The following UI elements have been renamed:
- Demux Profiles menu is renamed to MediaWarp Profiles
- Demux Profile Details page is renamed to MediaWarp Profile Details
- Media Item Details page > Workbench tab > Extract IMF Essence is renamed to MediaWarp
- Extract IMF Essence page is renamed to MediaWarp
- Workflow Details page > Track Demuxing task is renamed to MediaWarp Processing
QC Workbench while Ingesting Media
You can no longer Approve or Reject a media item in QC Workbench > QC Review if its Status is Ingesting.
Conform Proxy FCPXML Against Source
Changes to a title’s timeline can now be brought into Connect by uploading an FCPXML file and conform the proxy against the source file.
- From the Media Items menu, click Add Files. The Add Media Item dialog is displayed.
- Browse for the FCPXML file which contains the timeline changes, then click Add.
- From the Media Items menu, find the uploaded file, then click Edit. The Media Item Details page is displayed.
- From the Workbench tab, on the Media Actions section > Conform sub-section, click Run. The Conform dialog is displayed.
- Browse for both Source Media Item and Proxy Media Item, then click Submit. The Cloud Studio Task is started.
Once it has finished processing, a copy of the source is generated, containing the changes from the uploaded file. The file is linked in the Awaiting Media Ingest task details.
Connect Defects Fixed
Unique Path for Cloned CPLs
Fixed an issue where it was incorrectly possible to clone a CPL and set its Location to the same path as the current CPL.
Clips for FrameDNA Review with Multiple Essences
Fixed an issue where, on the FrameDNA Review page, switching between multiple essences would not refresh the contents of Clips section.
Incorrect Clip Absolute Time
Fixed an issue where making changes to a CPL clip would cause Absolute Time field on the the Edit Clip dialog to be incorrectly displayed.
Unique Names for Timed Text Profiles
Fixed an issue where it was possible to create multiple Timed Text Profiles with an identical Name.
Extracting Channels when Ingesting Multiple Files
Fixed an issue where ingesting multiple media items at the same time would not take the Extract Channels option into account for all files.
Job Progress Update
Fixed an issue where running a job would not update the progress of the Awaiting Media Ingest task in the Job Details page > Progress Details section.
Download Reports for Cached Photon Events
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > QC and Deliver tab > Auto QC section, the Download Report link would not be displayed for cached Photon events.
Billing for Baton Process Time
Fixed an issue where Baton-processed packages were billed for the incorrect duration.
FFMPEG Version in Hybrik Transcode
Fixed an issue where the FFMPEG version parameter would cause Hybrik transcode tasks to fail.
Open CPL from the Media Items Menu
Fixed an issue where opening a CPL from the Media Items menu would incorrectly redirect you to the CPL Details page.
UI Tooltip Fixes
Fixed the following issues concerning tooltips:
- Incorrectly displayed long tooltip texts;
- Incorrect tooltip text for the Replace button on the Insert Resource
Adding Image Resources into CPLs
Fixed an issue where adding image resources into a CPL would cause the CPL Details page to crash and display the Number expected as framerate error.
Extracting Clips for Dolby Vision Media Items
Fixed an issue where extracting clips on a media item with Dolby Vision metadata would cause the Extract Dolby Vision Metadata task to fail.
DV_Metadata Duration Display Format
Fixed an issue where the duration of dv_metadata tracks was incorrectly displayed in the HH:MM:SS format instead of the number of frames.
Incorrect Timecode after Timed Text Offset
Fixed an issue where timecodes would be incorrectly updated after converting timed text into TT IMSC1 by offsetting the track with one hour.
Inaccessible Media Last Frame
Fixed an issue where the last frame of a media item would not be displayed in the player.
Duplicate Workflows for Image Sequence Ingest
Fixed an issue where duplicate workflows would be created when ingesting image sequences.
Deliverable and Platform Name Separator
Fixed an issue where delivering a package would create a deliverable where the Platform name suffix is not separated from the deliverable name.
Media Item Details Layout after Visiting Transcoder Profile Details
Fixed an issue where leaving the Transcoder Profile Details page to visit the Media Item Details page would lead to incorrectly displayed sections.
Fixed an issue where a Workflow would be accessible from a different organization than its parent organization.
Package fields after Job Platform Change
Fixed an issue where changing the Platform for an existing job would incorrectly keep the Package or Package Template fields populated with deprecated data.
Attach to Asset with Child Files
Fixed an issue where attaching a media item to a parent asset would not include its children.
Dolby Vision Metadata Task Order
Fixed an issue where the Extract Dolby Vision Metadata task would be incorrectly displayed as the first item in the list of tasks.
Extract IMF Essence Audio Mapping while Loading
Fixed an issue where, on the Extract IMF Essence page, changing the audio mapping of a file while it was loading would display The play() request was interrupted by a new load request error.
CPL Fields Layout Display
Fixed an issue where the position of the fields on the CPL Details page > CPL Fields tab would be incorrect.
Dolby Vision Metadata Duration Format
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > Tracks tab > Others section, the Duration of dv_metadata tracks would be displayed in an incorrect format.
Extract IMF Essence Incorrect Audio Playback
Fixed an issue where the audio mapping was incorrectly played back in the Extract IMF Essence page and the VU Meters would display different values before and after creating a CPL with the media.
Truncated Frame Rate for Timed Text Tracks
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > Tracks tab > Timed Text section, the frame rate would be incorrectly displayed as the truncated value of the numerator/denominator operation.
Incorrect Field Alignment for Demux Profile Tracks
Fixed an issue where the fields for Audio and Video segments on the Demux Profile Details page > Tracks tab would be aligned incorrectly.
Group Children Management
The Group Details page > Details tab > Basic Info section > Child of field has been changed from text to tags, allowing you to more easily add and remove children for the current group.
Discover Defects Fixed
Subscribing to Another App with the Same User Account
Fixed an issue where you would not be able to subscribe to an app with a user account that has an active subscription to a different app.