Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 3 and 19 June 2019.
- Connect Improvements
- FrameDNA Double-Transcoded Files
- VU Meters Position
- Pre-Cached CPL Segments
- Default En_US Language Tag
- Delete User Permissions
- Creation Date Filter
- Hulu Japan
- Billing List Sort by Date
- Re-Designed Actions Column on Lists
- Crop Settings Preview
- Clone CPL
- DRM Flag for Media Items
- Job Details Page Re-Design
- Special Characters within File Names
- Connect Defects Fixed
- Saving Audio Mapping Settings
- FrameDNA Manual Mode Timecode Validation
- Audio Bit Rate CPL Validation
- Input Clipping Timecode Format
- Timed Text Conversion to CAP/PAC
- Change Password from User Settings
- Incorrectly Displayed AI Tags
- Delivering Non-Ingested IMF Packages to Baton
- Special Characters Fixes
- Re-Cache Deleted Files
- API Calls with Expired API Keys
- Duplicate Batch
- Saving the Image Sequence Length Value
- Multi-Select Drop-Down Cancel
- Comments Button on Create New Asset Page
- Mandatory Array Metadata Fields Validation
- New Package Template Visibility in Platforms
- Demux Task Incorrect Field Information
- Discover Improvements
- Discover Defects Fixed
FrameDNA Double-Transcoded Files
Files that have been transcoded twice are now detected and correctly analyzed by FrameDNA.
VU Meters Position
The VU audio meters are now displayed starting from the bottom-right corner of the player.
Pre-Cached CPL Segments
CPL segments are now pre-cached, leading to a more consolidated preview experience.
Default En_US Language Tag
The en_US language tag is no longer set as default when running Extract IMF Essence.
Delete User Permissions
You can now allow or disallow a user from using the Delete button on media, from the Organization Details page > Users section > User Details page.
Creation Date Filter
The Created column was added to the following sections:
- Asset Details page > Sources tab
- Asset Details page > Deliverables tab
- Asset Details page > Add Media Item dialog
- Media Items menu
- Edit CPL page > Insert Resource dialog
- Media Item Details page > Workbench tab > Convert Timed Text section > Convert dialog > Select Media Item dialog
You can also sort lists based on the Created column (ascending or descending).
Hulu Japan can now be used as a metadata provider. For more information on metadata providers, see Table of Metadata Providers.
Billing List Sort by Date
You can now sort the list from the Billing menu based on the date (ascending or descending).
Re-Designed Actions Column on Lists
The Actions column has been redesigned on lists, by consolidating the action buttons under a single button, as a drop-down.
For example, the list from the Media Items menu now displays a single, three-dots button, which, when clicked, allows you to choose between Edit, Preview, Download, and Inspect.
Crop Settings Preview
Whenever you make a change in the Media Item Details page > Workbench Tab > Crop Settings section and click Apply Recommended, you can see a preview of how the crop settings will be applied on the output media item.
You can now duplicate a CPL and choose a new file path and name by clicking Clone on the CPL Details page.
DRM Flag for Media Items
The Require DRM toggle has been added to the Media Item Details page, allowing you to flag a file as DRM.
Job Details Page Re-Design
The Job Details page has been redesigned and now contains the following sections
- Job Analysis – status, errors, location, and deliverable files;
- Job Details – name, date, parent asset, package, package template, platform, and parent batch;
- Progress Details;
- Packages – a list of packages generated by the job;
- Job History – a history of changes related to the job.
Special Characters within File Names
Media item file names now support special characters.
Connect Defects Fixed
Saving Audio Mapping Settings
Fixed an issue where changes to audio mapping would not be reflected during player runtime.
FrameDNA Manual Mode Timecode Validation
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > Workbench tab > FrameDNA Review Panel dialog, with Manual Mode enabled, you would incorrectly be allowed to input a timecode smaller than the file’s start timecode.
Audio Bit Rate CPL Validation
Fixed an issue where it was incorrectly possible to save a CPL with non-matching audio bit rates between sources.
Input Clipping Timecode Format
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > Workbench tab > Input Clipping section, the timecode format would incorrectly be set to HH:MM:SS:FF, instead of HH:MM:SS.MMM.
Timed Text Conversion to CAP/PAC
Fixed an issue where converting a timed text file into CAP or PAC formats would not generate the timed text tracks.
Change Password from User Settings
Fixed an issue where you would not be able to change your password from the User Settings page.
Incorrectly Displayed AI Tags
Fixed an issue where the information from the Media Item Details page > AI tab > Tags section would be displayed incorrectly.
Delivering Non-Ingested IMF Packages to Baton
Fixed an issue where attempting to AutoQC IMF packages that have not been ingested (with Baton) would fail.
Special Characters Fixes
Fixed the following issues where file names contain special characters:
- Unable to create CPLs with name containing “+”;
- Unable to deliver media from source file names containing “+” or “?”;
- Unable to add essence tracks with names containing special characters;
- Unable to run the Batch Delivery Report smart agent on files containing special characters;
Re-Cache Deleted Files
Fixed an issue where, after deleting package deliverables, re-creating the package would not be possible.
API Calls with Expired API Keys
Fixed an issue where it was possible to make API calls using pairs of inactive API keys.
Fixed an issue where duplicating a batch would fail if job processing took longer than the timeout period.
Saving the Image Sequence Length Value
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > Workbench tab for an ingested image sequence, setting the Props > Length field would not save its value.
Multi-Select Drop-Down Cancel
Fixed an issue where multiple selection drop-downs would not be closed when clicking outside of its bounds.
Comments Button on Create New Asset Page
Fixed an issue where the Comments button would incorrectly be displayed on the Create New Asset page.
Mandatory Array Metadata Fields Validation
Fixed an issue where creating a metadata set and leaving mandatory Array-type metadata fields empty would not display any error nor stop you from running a job with the metadata set.
New Package Template Visibility in Platforms
Fixed an issue where a newly created package template would not be immediately found in the Platform Details page > Add Package Template dialog.
Demux Task Incorrect Field Information
Fixed an issue where using a demux profile with a specific slate would incorrectly display the following information:
- On the Media Item Details page > Workflow tab > Media Item field, the slate name would be displayed instead of the media item name;
- The Media Item Details page > Workflow tab > Asset field was empty;
- The Media Item Details page > Workflow tab > User field should contain the name of the user that started the demux task.