Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 6 and 9, and 15 May 2019.
- Connect Improvements
- Audio Track Pre-Caching
- Audio Popping in Player
- Language Locales
- Media Item Details Page Improvements
- New Comments Section Placement
- Check Storage Action Feedback
- Archiving Action Warning
- Default Demux Profile Timecode to Follow Source
- Media Items Page Re-Designed
- De-Archiving Media for Jobs
- Awaiting Media Ingest for Deliveries
- Player Performance
- DFXP Timed Text Conversion
- Connect Defects Fixed
- Current Frame Number after Jump to Frame
- CPL Fields Validation Error
- Create CPL Page
- CPL ID Change on CPL Update
- CPL Validation Fixes
- Removing Tracks in Extract IMF Essence
- Media Start Frame Seek Position
- Minimum Volume Error
- Unrecognized Video Tracks in Workbench
- Draft/Sample/Hot/Featured Metadata Fields
- Deleted Intermediary Dependency Updates
- Media Item Status on Archiving
- Archived CPL Editing
- QC Ingest Templates and QC Profile Save
- Playing First 5.1 Audio Track
- Long File Names in Media Item Details
- Browsing through Transcoder Profiles Pages
- Media Item Archival Progress and Completion
- Deleted User Elevated Access
- Batch Delivery Report E-Mail
- Status Update on Canceled Tasks
- QC Parent Package Information
- Media Item Details without Parent Asset
- IMSC 1.1 Timed Text in Convert Workbench
- Discover Improvements
- Discover Defects Fixed
Audio Track Pre-Caching
By default, all audio tracks are now pre-cached, drastically improving player performance.
Audio Popping in Player
Improvements have been made to how media is interpreted, so that audio popping between audio segments have been reduced.
The file languages have now been consolidated according to the language codes from the Netflix Full Technical Specifications and Operators Manual, on 10 Appendix – 10.1 Language Codes.
Media Item Details Page Improvements
The following improvements were made to the redesigned Media Item Details page:
- Long file paths or file names are now text-wrapped to fit in their respective containers;
- Lists of associated files now contain only 5 results, to reduce used space;
- You can now see detailed media information, as well as file details (parsed from the FFProbe resulting JSON file);
- On the Workbench tab, the list of FrameDNA activities now displays only the most recent one, with the possibility to see older tasks by clicking See More.
New Comments Section Placement
The Comments section on the Media Item Details page can now be accessed from the top-right corner.
Check Storage Action Feedback
Feedback has been added when clicking Check Storage on the Media Item Details page, so you can see the result of your action.
Archiving Action Warning
A warning has been added when clicking Archive on the Media Item Details page, so you can confirm the intention to archive media.
Default Demux Profile Timecode to Follow Source
Extracting IMF Essences by using a demux profile with no Timecode configured will now use the timecode of the source
Media Items Page Re-Designed
The Media Items Page has been redesigned and is now more comprehensive and better structured.
The following tabs have been added:
- Details – contains the player, information about the file, its parent asset, associated files, as well as the media details, as extracted through Probe;
- Inspection – contains a list of ingest tasks applied to the media;
- Tracks – contains a list of tracks along with their details;
- Workbench – contains controls for media processing: Clips, Crop Settings, AD Breaks, Input Clipping, FrameDNA, Extract Original, Extract IMF Essence, Transcode;
- AI – contains information from the GreyMeta analysis;
- QC and Deliver – contains information about Deliveries and AutoQC for the media;
- History – represents a log of all updates on the current media item.
De-Archiving Media for Jobs
De-archiving is now automatically performed when running a job that contains archived files. De-archiving settings are inherited from the Organization Settings menu > Ingest Options section.
If the Auto Dearchive toggle is disabled, the job cannot be processed, as the files will need to be de-archived manually.
Awaiting Media Ingest for Deliveries
The Awaiting Media Ingest task has been added to delivery workflows, which entails an ingest task to be run on the deliverable media.
The performance of the player has been improved, leading to less buffering time on track seeking.
DFXP Timed Text Conversion
You can now convert DFXP timed text into any formats from the Convert Workbench.
Connect Defects Fixed
Current Frame Number after Jump to Frame
Fixed an issue where jumping to a specific frame number would not update the current frame number in the player timecode field.
CPL Fields Validation Error
Fixed an issue where creating a CPL and then saving it would incorrectly notify you that the CPL has 1 issue, then immediately changes to No issues, with no input from you.
Create CPL Page
Fixed an issue where, on the Asset Details page > Compositions tab, clicking New Composition would incorrectly display the Edit CPL page.
CPL ID Change on CPL Update
Fixed an issue where creating a CPL, saving, and then changing any of the CPL fields would incorrectly alter the ID of the CPL.
CPL Validation Fixes
The following issues were fixed for CPL editing:
- The markers for Composition definition are missing error was incorrectly displayed when a field on the CPL Fields section was not defined;
- You would incorrectly be able to save CPLs containing 2 audio segments with different sample rates;
- You would incorrectly be able to save CPLs containing multiple audio segments containing different number of channels;
- You would not be able to work with MXF files with a frame rate of 24 (24000/1000).
Removing Tracks in Extract IMF Essence
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > Extract IMF Essence section, deleting all the image and audio tracks would display the TypeError: Cannot read property ‘type’ of undefined error.
Media Start Frame Seek Position
Fixed an issue where seeking to frame 0 on a short media item would incorrectly position the seek bar further than the start frame.
Minimum Volume Error
Fixed an issue where, on the Player section, turning the volume down to minimum would display the Uncaught IndexSizeError error.
Unrecognized Video Tracks in Workbench
Fixed an issue where, on the Media Item Details page > Workbench tab, tracks that were unrecognized as video would cause the Edit Tools to display the File needs to include video tracks to create clips error.
Draft/Sample/Hot/Featured Metadata Fields
Fixed an issue where, on the Asset Details page > Metadata Sets tab > Metadata Details page, attempting to edit the Is Draft, Is Sample, Is Hot, and Is Featured check-boxes would not be possible.
Deleted Intermediary Dependency Updates
Fixed an issue where deleted intermediary resources would incorrectly be referenced by transcoding processes and would result in failed tasks.
Media Item Status on Archiving
Fixed an issue where clicking Archive on the Media Item Details page would sometimes not update the status of the media item.
Archived CPL Editing
Fixed an issue where accessing archived CPL files would display the Could not fetch the data for this form error.
QC Ingest Templates and QC Profile Save
Fixed an issue where clicking Save and Return on the QC Ingest Template Details and QC Profile Details pages would display the You have unsaved changes. Are you sure you want to leave this page? warning from your browser.
Playing First 5.1 Audio Track
Fixed an issue where you would not be able to play a media item if the first audio track was a 5.1 channel setup.
Long File Names in Media Item Details
Fixed an issue where the Media Item Details page would be incorrectly displayed if the file path and name were too long.
Browsing through Transcoder Profiles Pages
Fixed an issue where you would not be able to navigate through the pages of transcoder profiles on the Admin Platform Details page.
Media Item Archival Progress and Completion
Fixed an issue where initiating an archival for a file would not trigger a UI update (progress and completion) for the status of the media item.
Deleted User Elevated Access
Fixed an issue where, as a System Administrator user, you would incorrectly be able to set a user as a System Administrator, even if the user has been deleted.
Batch Delivery Report E-Mail
Fixed an issue where, on completing a Batch Delivery Report Smart Agent, clicking Send would not send the e-mail to the recipients.
Status Update on Canceled Tasks
Fixed an issue where the status of canceled task would not be updated for jobs, packages, and ingest tasks.
QC Parent Package Information
Fixed an issue where the parent package information was not displayed for Baton or Photon QC workflows.
Media Item Details without Parent Asset
Fixed an issue where the Media Item Details page would stop responding if the underlying media was not assigned to an asset.
IMSC 1.1 Timed Text in Convert Workbench
Fixed an issue where IMSC 1.1 timed text media items would not be playable in the Convert Workbench.
The Theme Preview feature was added, allowing you to look at the current state of theme configuration, without having to save and generate an app.
App Users Menu Improvements
The following improvements were made for the App Users page:
- The Subscription Status filter was added, allowing you to filter the list by Inactive, Trial, or Active subscriptions;
- The Export to CSV button has been added on the top of the page, allowing you to download the filtered list into a CSV file.
Discover Defects Fixed
Filtered Subscriptions and Products
Fixed an issue where the results of filtering subscriptions and products would be incorrectly displayed.