Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 1 and 15 April 2019.
- Connect Improvements
- Connect Defects Fixed
- Discover Improvements
- Discover Defects Fixed
You can now choose to automatically de-archive items whenever a job is processed with archived media items.
To enable automatic de-archiving:
- From the Organization Details page, on the Ingest Options section, enable the Auto Dearchive
- Choose a Dearchive Option:
- Fill in the Number of days the restored copy is available
User Role: SysAdmin
System Administrators can now assign the the same role to chosen users, from the Organization Details page, Users section.
New Media Item Archival/Delete Options
You can now permanently delete, move to trash, archive, and restore media items from trash or archived media items.
The following options are available on the Media Item Details page:
- Send to Trash – Send files to trash and sets their statuses to Trashed;
- Permanently Delete – Hard-delete Trashed items and set their statuses to Permanently Deleted.
- Restore – restore Trashed items and set their statuses to Missing (manual Inspect is required);
- Archive – Archive Ingest Completed items and set their statuses to Archive Started. When the process is completed, the statuses of the media items are set to Archived;
- Restore from Archive – Restore Archived files, based on your options (number of Days, Restore Type) and set their statuses to Missing (manual Inspect is required);
- Check Storage – checks if files are correctly marked as Archived.
Note: To view Trashed media items, from the Media Items menu, set the File Status filter to Trashed.
Sort Media Items by Creation Date
You can now sort the list from the Media Items menu by their Creation Date.
New Transcoder Profile Fields
The following fields were added to the Transcoder Profile Details page for MediaConvert and Elemental transcoder providers:
- Intra DC Precision
- Number B Frames Between Reference Frames
NDF to DF Timed Text Conversion
You can now convert NDF timed text to DF timed text from the Media Item Details page > Convert Timed Text section > Convert dialog.
Connect Defects Fixed
Adding Audio Resources to Compositions
Fixed an issue where adding an image source with audio tracks to a composition would not propagate its tracks when trying to add an audio segment.
Special Timed Text Characters in Video Preview
Fixed an issue where playing a video with a timed text containing special characters would incorrectly display the characters.
Hybrik Audio Channel Number
Fixed an issue where transcoding a media item with several audio tracks, by using a Hybrik profile with less audio channels than the number of tracks, would incorrectly output a file with all audio tracks.
Image Media Item Preview from Lists
Fixed an issue where hovering over an Image media item with the File Status set to Ingest Completed from any list would display a blank preview of the image.
Fixed an issue where, if users no longer exist in the database, the Created by and Updated by fields would display Unknown.
Batch Delivery Report Marked Jobs
Fixed an issue where running the Batch Delivery Report Smart Agent on batches with jobs statuses set to Mark as Delivered would fail.
Batch Delivery Report Delivered Jobs
Fixed an issue where running the Batch Delivery Report Smart Agent on batches with jobs statuses set to Delivered would fail.
Unknown Media Item Type Icons
Fixed an issue where media item icons would display unknown file types for recognized media formats, in the following pages or dialogs:
- Asset Details page > Deliverables tab
- Asset Details page > Packages tab > New Package dialog > Select Files tab
- Composition Template Details page > Select Media Item dialog
- Media Item Details page for timed text > Convert dialog > Select Media Item dialog
- Demux Profile Details page > Track tab > Select Media Item dialog
A new menu has been added, Themes, where you can perform the following visual customization for your apps:
- Choose a Name for the theme;
- Choose a Primary and Secondary font family and font weights for Light/Regular/Bold;
- Choose the how the app colors are displayed – permanently light, permanently dark, light by day and dark by night, user-triggered;
- Choose colors for elements according to both light and dark themes: Branding, Text, Backgrounds, Other.
You can also choose to duplicate an existing theme to use as a starting point for your new theme.
For more information, see Themes.
Discover Defects Fixed
Fixed an issue where attempting to un-publish an instance would result in the Error retrieving or deleting media on node or error deleting node message to be displayed and the instance to remain published.
User Number Inconsistencies
Fixed an issue where the number of users on the preview of the Notification Details page > Destination tab would not be equal to the number of users that receive the notification.