Below you will find the features and optimizations released on 10, 17, and 20 December 2018.
- Connect Improvements
- New Feature: Workflows Menu
- [CD-1117] Package Template Error Handling
- [CD-1106] Mono Sources into Essences
- [CD-1103] Multiple Video Outputs from Source
- [CD-585] Duplicate Batches
- [CD-1114] MediaConvert Transcoder Profiles for Low Res Proxies
- [CD-1002] Mute/Solo Channels
- [CD-920] Job Fix Improvements
- Connect Defects Fixed
- [CD-1292] Clip Replacement Name
- [CD-1140] Track 0 Audio with MediaConvert
- [CD-1136] QC Template with Deleted QC Profile
- [CD-921] Billing Page Fixes
- [CD-189] QC Template without Mandatory Fields
- [CD-144, CD-1275] Reload Page on Save
- [CD-1224] Uploading Clips
- [CD-1050] Replacement Clips with Distinct Durations
- [CD-1041] CPL Resource Removal
- [CD-924] CPL Validation
- [CD-1160] Media Item Duration Inconsistencies
- [CD-1108] Elemental I-Frame Only Transcoding
- [CD-1127] Audio Mapping Output Channel Order
- [CD-1153] S3 Copy Byte Loss
- [CD-1141] S3 Copy Interrupted Transfer Results
- [CD-1130, CD-1145] XML Files Unrecognized as CPL
- [CD-207] Preview Playback on Authentication Expiry
- [CD-1112] Timed Text Conversion Limit
- [CD-1054] Value 0 Cannot be Set
- [CD-906] Valid Jobs Cancelled in Baton
- [CD-548] Roku Metadata Fixes
- [CD-1068] Demux 7.1 Audio
- [CD-1059] Package Build Task Order
- [CD-1033] Probe Incorrect Result
- [CD-1027] Comments on Refresh
- [CD-1024] Frame Size and Demux
- Discover Improvements
- [CD-881] Loading Text for Assets and Groups
- Discover Defects Fixed
- [CD-1261] Adding Assets to Groups Error
- [CD-1270] Cancel Subscription Unavailable
- [CD-1221] Notification Schedule Date Edit
- [CD-476] New Group Requires Refresh
- [CD-871] Reusable Content Tags
The Workflows menu was added to provide a high-level overview of all the workflows that are in progress, completed, or have failed.
The Workflows menu contains information about the asset, media item, package, workflow type, status, creation date, started date, end date, as well as the user who triggered the workflow.
For more information, see Workflows.
Creating a Deliverable Template without having set a File Deliverable Template will now display an error.
To view the error:
- From the Package Templates menu, New Package Template. The Create New Package Template page is displayed.
- Choose a name and type for the package template, then click Save.
- From the Deliverables section, click Add Deliverable Template.
- Choose Metadata for the Deliverable Type, then fill in the rest of the fields, and click Save.
- Note the “Error creating deliverableTemplate of type metadata”
You can now use audio tracks with monoaural audio when extracting IMF essences.
For more information, see Media File Correction.
You can now generate multiple output video files from the same source media item, by using Extract IMF Essence.
To generate two video files from a source media item:
- From the Media Item Details page, on the Media File Correction section, click Run for Extract IMF Essence. The Extract IMF Essence page is displayed.
- On the Image tab, set the Input Track and the Output Location.
- Click Add Video. A new Image tab is displayed.
- Repeat step 2, then choose a Demux Profile.
- Click Start. Two video files were created from the same source input.
You can now create batches quicker, by duplicating an existing batch and changing its basic parameters, as well as the platforms and package templates for the delivery.
To duplicate a batch:
- From the Batches menu, use the filters to find the batch you want to duplicate, then click the name of the batch. The Batch Details page is displayed.
- From the Batch Jobs section, click Duplicate Batch. The Duplicate Batch dialog is displayed.
- Fill the mandatory Batch Name, Priority Level, Job Name Format fields, and, optionally, pick a date for the Delivery Start Date and Delivery End Date
- Choose new platforms and package templates.
- Click Duplicate. The batch is created, and the Batch Jobs are added according to your selection.
You can now select MediaConvert transcoder profiles for Low Res Proxies in the organization settings.
To choose a transcoder profile for low res proxies:
- Click your user name and then click Settings. The Organization Settings page is displayed.
- From the Ingest Options section, enable both the Generate Source Low Res Proxies and Generate Deliverable Low Res Proxies
- Choose a MediaConvert Source Low Res Proxy Transcoder Profile and a Deliverable Low Res Proxy Transcoder Profile.
For more information, see Organization Details.
You can now set any channel to Mute or Solo in the Preview player, to make it easier to check that the audio mapping is correct.
- Open the Media Item Details page for a file containing a track with at least two channels.
- On the Preview section, open the VU Meter. See The Preview Section.
- Click M for one of the channels and check that the channel is muted.
- Click S for the same channel and check that all other channels are muted.
You now have the option to save the fixes you make for Jobs and see the changes. Previously, you were required to refresh the page to see the changes your fixes made.
- From the Dashboard menu, on the Smart Agent Tasks, choose a Job that requires fixes.
- On the Job Details page, Job Analysis section, click Fix.
- Resolve the errors, then click Fix.
- Note that the status of the job has changed to Valid.
Fixed an issue where replacing a clip multiple times would not track the new names.
Fixed an issue where attempting to transcode a file containing an audio track on position zero would result in the “Error creating Media Convert Job: /inputs/0/audioSelectors/Audio Selector 1/tracks/0: Should be greater than or equal to 1” error.
Fixed an issue where opening a QC Ingest Template containing a QC Profile that has been deleted would result in the “Cannot return null for non-nullable field IngestQcRule.qcProfileId” error to be displayed.
Fixed the following issues for the Billing page and its CSV exported files:
- In some instances, the Asset Name was not displayed;
- In some instances, the Task was not displayed;
- In some instances, the Source File Info was not displayed;
- Destination File Info for MediaView displayed incorrect data.
Fixed an issue where it was possible to create a QC Template without filling in the Key, Test Plan, and Priority fields.
Fixed an issue where pages would not be reloaded once a Save action was triggered.
Fixed an issue where, in some instances, it was not possible to add an uploaded clip.
Fixed an issue where it was possible to select a replacement clip with a duration different than the duration of the extracted clip.
Fixed an issue where removing all CPL resources would cause the page to stop responding.
Fixed an issue where you were able to save a CPL without filling the Content Title field.
Fixed an issue where the player duration would incorrectly be different than the media item duration.
Fixed an issue where transcoding a media item containing only I-Frames would fail with the “Stream assemblies video description settings gop num b frames must be less than gop size” error to be displayed.
Fixed an issue where Extract IMF Essence Audio Mapping would result in incorrect channel order on the audio output file.
Fixed an issue where an S3 Copy task would lose one byte per 50MB.
Fixed an issue where an S3 Copy task would yield incorrect results when interrupted.
Fixed an issue where some XML files would not be recognized as a Composition Playlist.
Fixed an issue where media preview would stop playing on user authentication token expiry.
Fixed an issue where Timed Text would not be converted to its full duration.
Fixed an issue where you would not be able to set zero as a value in certain fields.
- Open the Transcoder Profile Details page for a transcoder profile with Elemental.
- On the Video Parameters section, set the Gop BFrames field to 0.
- Note that the value is not saved when focusing another element.
Fixed an issue where in-progress jobs would time out and get cancelled in Baton.
Fixed the following issues for Roku Metadata sets:
- Package version was incorrectly set to 0 instead of film5.0;
- Multiple genres were incorrectly delivered in a single node separated by semicolons instead of multiple nodes from the list of supported Roku Genres;
- Special characters (other than alpha numerical) were encoded incorrectly.
Fixed an issue where you could not demux a file with a 7.1 channel layout audio track.
- Open the Media Item Details page of an audio/video file with a 7.1 audio track.
- From the Media File Correction section, click Run for Extract IMF Essence.
- Click Add Audio, then set Audio Output to 1 Surround.
- Note the “Cannot read property ‘gain’ of undefined”
Fixed an issue where the Build IMF Package Metadata task was displayed before the deliverable tasks.
- Open the Asset Details page for an asset which contains MXF files.
- From the Compositions tab, create a new CPL.
- From the Packages tab, click New Package.
- Fill the fields, make sure that Package Type is set to IMF Package and that Stage Files is enabled, then click Create.
- On the Package Build Progress section, the Build IMF Package Metadata task is completed before the deliverables are created.
Fixed an issue where some information (such as Color Transfer and Color Primaries) were not extracted during the Probe task.
Fixed an issue where new comments would not be displayed unless the page was reloaded.
- Open the Media Item Details page for any media item.
- On the Comments section, write a new comment and press Enter.
- Note that there is no comment displayed.
- Open the console and see the “Can’t find field comments” error.
Fixed an issue where Extract IMF Essence would fail to extract the Dolby Vision Metadata from image sequence files with frame sizes larger than 16.7 MB.
- Open the Media Item Details page for a 17 MB (or more) frame sized video containing a dv_metadata
- From the Media File Correction section, click Run for Extract IMF Essence.
- Choose the Output Location for the video, select the appropriate Demux Profile, then click Start.
- On the Media File Correction section, Extract IMF Essence subsection, see the “ExtractDoviMd task failed for file[...]” error for the Track Demuxing
Whenever the Assets menu, Groups menu, Sub-Assets section, or Sub-Groups and Assets section are updated or have filters applied, the Fetching data… text is displayed while the lists are being updated.
Fixed an issue where adding an asset to a groups Sub-Groups and Assets section would result in the “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘mutate’ of undefined” error to be displayed.
Fixed an issue where it was not possible for a user to cancel an existing subscription.
Fixed an issue where editing the Schedule Date for a notification would result in the notification to continue being sent indefinitely.
Fixed an issue where creating a new group would require you to refresh the Groups menu to see it in the list.
Fixed an issue where it was possible to keep adding the same content tag indefinitely.